Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Molly Movie NEWS

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Elle123's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2004
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Heard from an AG publishing person at a conference this weekend:

    * Molly movie coming week of Thanksgiving, dolls will be out (sometime) in September.

    * Will be on Disney Channel, not the WB, since it's merging with UPN to be the CW, and both sides felt the movie content was not a fit with the network. Can you imagine how good this will be? Multiple repeats! Mass promotions! What a good fit, AG with Disney!

    * They had copies of "Brave Emily" at the booth, but I could not get my hands on one! :-(

    That's all I can remember...
    Elle

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jlogemann17's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is not good for us- we don't have cable, so we won't be able to see it on Disney. The WB was a local channel for us. At least my folks have cable- and they can tape it for us. I'm assuming it will still be released on DVD, we'll buy it then like the others, but there's just something about seeing it the first time it's on tv. Oh well.

    Jo

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow! thanks for the info!!

    I'm kinda laughing at this though, that Disney will air something from Mattel! [img]smile.gif[/img] Disney and Mattel have hated each other forever!! Disney did not want to deal with Mattel and vise versa! Things are turning I guess.
    Hmm.. maybe a new alliance?? [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member trvnbrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    440
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yay! Love to hear the latest on the movie. Now if only they would air it on a non-school night. *Crosses fingers hopefully*. It would be great to invite dd's friends over for a Molly movie party or sleepover. We could have it themed red,white & blue or like the 40's. Oh well, I guess we can always tape it & then have the party. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    A few years ago I didn't have WB- we have satelite and our closest station is somewhere in northern NH and then it's all Boston. But we have WB now and disney. I'll be on campus though, so I guess I'm staying on campus to watch the movie.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm glad it'll be on Disney. As was said, it'll be shown a hundred times. Only problem is, they might treat it like one of their DCOMS and have the DVD not come out for a few months. I'd assume, though, that since it's in the same time frame as the last 2, the DVD will, still, come out before Christmas. And I'd imagine it'll be on ABC Family and ABC eventually, as well.

    I love Disney and as I said the last time we talked about this, really, really hope there is a future Disney-AG alliance. Maybe Emily and Molly can go see a Disney movie (They re-released Snow White in '44) and they can make a few little, cute Disney related items. Not too much, of course. But, I would love, in the future, to see Disney outfits made for the AGs, that were only sold through AG.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm another one hoping for a Disney/Mattel alliance especially because I'd love to see a 1950s AG girl go to the opening of Disney Land in 1955.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Elle123's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2004
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by auri:
    I'm another one hoping for a Disney/Mattel alliance especially because I'd love to see a 1950s AG girl go to the opening of Disney Land in 1955.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What a neat idea! Now, the dark side...can you see an AG section at any of the Disney parks? Hello AG, goodbye wallet!

  9. #9
    joelanddeborah
    Guest joelanddeborah's Avatar

    Post

    Very neat idea, a 1950's doll! I didn't know Disney and Mattel didn't get along. Funny! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member MOM to JILLIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Elle,

    Thanks for sharing the Molly movie info. I'm excited about a Disney/AG connection. We're HUGE fans of both! I love the idea of a 1950's girl with Disney ties. I'd buy one in a heartbeat!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •